Who Are We?
IBBA is the largest international non-profit association operating exclusively for the benefit of people and firms engaged in the various aspects of business brokerage, and mergers and acquisitions.
The industry leaders from the United States and Canada bean meeting on a regular basis in 1983 for the purpose of forming the International business Brokers Association, commonly known as the IBBA.
Scope of Membership
Today, the IBBA totals more than 1800 cooperative business brokers and intermediaries around the world.
IBBA’s mission is to promote member professional development and interests, and to maximize public awareness of the business brokerage profession.
To accomplish this mission, the IBBA has established the following goals:
- Adopt and monitor an industry standard of ethical practice.
- Develop and provide member educational programs.
- Develop and maintain a continuing program for member professional certification (Certified Business Intermediary – C.B.I.).
- Facilitate member networking and cooperation.
- Communicate meaningful industry information to members in a timely fashion.
- Monitor governmental activity and inform the membership as appropriate.
- Develop and provide other useful member programs and services.
- Create and enhance public awareness of member services and qualifications.